Practice Areas: Personal Injury | Family Law | Divorces | Child Custody | Child Support | Paternity | Orders of Protection | Wills and Powers of Attorney | Estate Planning | Workers Compensation | Criminal Defense
1997 – Founder of Lawinger Law Office
2013 – Transitioned Lawinger Law Office into Lawinger, DeLong & Associates, LLC
Jane M. Lawinger started practicing law in Fayette County in 1991. She was the first female attorney to practice in Fayette County. Jane Received her Juris Doctorate from DePaul University. Jane M. Lawinger started Lawinger Law Office in 1997 with an office on Fifth Street. She expanded Lawinger Law Office moving into the present address at 629 West St. Clair in the “House of Cocagne”. Ms. Lawinger purchased the “House of Cocagne” on April 7, 2005.
Jane received her Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice at UW Platteville Wisconsin. She worked several years with the Wisconsin Public Defenders Office assisting in a wide variety of criminal cases, including, murder, burglary, theft, and other criminal cases. Jane’s first mentor was the well respected Seth Stoltz. She then went to McClain, Virginia to gain experience in the area of civil litigation. Jane worked at a McClain law firm, Walton & Adams, for several years until beginning law school in 1988. She assisted Attorney Elaine Bredehoft in the preparation and trials involving civil litigation. Jane had a wide variety of legal experience prior to receiving her law degree in 1991.
During her 22 years of practice, Attorney Lawinger was involved with numerous criminal and civil jury trials. She also acted as Special Assistant to the Attorney General of the State of Illinois for over 10 years. She has a vast amount of experience in the family law area which includes divorce, custody, adoptions, child support, Orders of Protection and appeals. In addition, Attorney Lawinger has experience in the areas of civil litigation involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, school law, nursing home law, real estate, condemnations, bankruptcy, federal criminal law, automobile accidents, wrongful death, as well as, the Human Rights Commission. Jane has also had numerous wins in the Fifth District of Illinois Appellate Court.
If your legal matter is important enough to contact an attorney, it is important enough to contact an experienced, proven attorney that can get the results you are seeking. Attorney Lawinger has extensive bench and jury trial experience with a very high success rate. Attorney Lawinger has been extremely successful over the years. She is known as someone who will fight for her clients. Her experience, work ethic, commitment to her clients and aggressive approach has left her with a well deserved reputation as a highly successful litigation attorney who gets results. This reputation was built around thousands of successful outcomes and 60+ hour work weeks.
In 2009 and 2011, Jane M. Lawinger received a BV Distinguished Award for Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards. This rating was earned through a strenuous peer review rating process which was managed and monitored by Martindale-Hubbell. The peer review rating process evaluates lawyers in the United State and Canada solely based upon peer review. These ratings are based on performance in five key areas – legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability and legal experience. A peer review rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of the bar and the judiciary. Jane received the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards in 2009 and 2011.
Jane’s rural, agricultural and family-oriented background has served her extremely well in understanding and relating to local juries and the value systems that influence their decisions. Jane has chosen to provide her children with the same values, work ethic and environment she experienced in her childhood.
Commitment to Clients – Jane will always be an advocate for clients and do what is necessary to ensure that each client feels that he/she has received the best legal representation possible. Jane will give 100% at all times. Her devotion to winning is such that she will take as much time as necessary and use all the available resources to provide the highest quality of legal representation.
Recent Results and Honors
- Handled numerous multimillion dollar divorce cases to the satisfaction of clients
- An Appellate Court win in the Fifth District of Illinois which reversed the Trial Court
- Won custody for father of his two minor daughters, ages 8 & 5
- Won custody for father of his 3 year old son
- Father received custody of his three minor children, ages 9, 7 & 3
- Won custody for father of his 4 year old son
- Litigated and Won Numerous Custody Cases for Mothers
- Discovered and Identified Over 1.5 Million Dollars of Previously Hidden Assets in a Farm-Related Divorce Case
- Advised Client in a Farm- Related Divorce Case to Move Forward with Litigation Versus Accepting a Settlement Offer that had been Afforded to Him. Through Litigation was able to Secure an Additional $50,000.00 Above the Original Offer for the Client.
- Both Litigated and Settled Numerous Farm and Agricultural Cases to the Satisfaction of Clients.
- In 2009 – Jane M. Lawinger received the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards in both a peer review and judiciary review.
- In 2011 – Jane M. Lawinger received the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards in both a peer review and judiciary review.
– Partner of Lawinger, DeLong & Associates, LLC
– Proprietor of Lawinger Law Office
Admitted: Supreme Court of Illinois November 1991
Supreme Court of Wisconsin January 1993
Law School: DePaul University of Law, Juris Doctorate
College: University of Wisconsin – Platteville
Memberships: American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Women’s Bar Association, Wisconsin State Bar Association, Fayette County Bar Association